Help of the fundation in Kenya
We have been writing our Kenya story since 2010. Since then, 5 expeditions took place in the years 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2018. They lasted 7 months altogether.
We work in the pedagogical and medical fields. Our professional pedagogical team is cooperating with local schools. The work at the clinic is taking place under the patronage of the Section for tropical medicine (The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ljubljana), with which we also cooperate. This provides us with valuable insight into the life and needs of local communities, which enables us to build our cooperation and develop supporting activities.
From our beginnings in 2010 to this day, we have created, with your valuable support, the following:
- On the basis of direct experience and cooperation with primary schools, we have developed a sponsorship program. Today we are working together with 10 primary schools from two regions (Majiwa and Nyamonye) in the province of Nyanza, south-western part of Kenya. In the past 7.5 years, we have supported more than 300 children. When selecting children for the sponsorship program, we take into account two criteria: the degree of social vulnerability and diligence in school work.
- Our visits to our partner schools now include activities in the field of theatre pedagogics. For this purpose, we have created and performed 5 educational theatre plays, appropriate for the cultural environment. We have already performed 60 plays on 5 expeditions. In two schools, we carried out a seminar on theatre pedagogics for children and teachers and provided them with all necessary equipment.
- We have contributed to the improvement of the school infrastructure (donation of 30 school desks, cementing the floor in one classroom, complete renovation of a second classroom, building 4 bathroom facilities, building a fence around school grounds and main entrance). We have also donated equipment for the improvement of sports infrastructure (setting up a sports ground, setting up 6 basketball baskets, donating sports equipment and other equipment).
- We got acquainted with and supported a school for people with special needs (donation of the sewing machine).
- We have contributed to the improvement of the schools’ self-supply (setting up an animal shelter and buying chickens, goats, and sheep that provide food for children and products for sale).
- We have supported a local clinic. Our member and a doctor, Sara Tement, has volunteered there for several months. We have also donated medicine and medical equipment.
Thanks to everyone who supports us!
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito..
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.